Support for Students Through Interventions
Each of the following organizations provides support for our academic program. You can click on each link to find out more information about each of them.
- AARP Foundation Experience Corps provides retiree seniors who work with students on increasing literacy skills. AARP focuses on comprehension skills for students in K-5th Grade. Corp members also work with PK students to develop foundational skills in the area of letter and sound recognition, as well as, identifying basic sight words. AARP Backpack Giveaway
- Embassy Adoption Program partners with our fifth graders to explore and learn about many cultures. This year, students have been partnered with the Embassy of Trinidad.
- Heart of America provides our students with books, bookbags, and school supplies.
- J.F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts Partnership in Education Program integrates the arts with the academic curriculum. Students receive art exposure, work with resident artists at school and attend various musical and theatrical performances. Check us out in our gallery.
- Live It, Learn It integrates field trip experiences with the academic curriculum using Washington, D.C. as its platform.
- National Park Trust’s Buddy Bison Program exposes students to many hands-on experiences in environmental education. Check us out in our gallery.
- Naval Research Laboratory provides employees who work with students on increasing mathematical skills through tutoring.
- Reading Partners provides literacy support through tutoring.
- TeacherMate provides literacy support through tutoring.